RE: T400CN was filmscanners: Grain, Noise, et al

I played with my exposures to see how the film would react to slight
under-exposure in an attempt to heighten the contrast a bit but only went
under by 1/2 stop. The film's latitude must be very wide as I couldn't
really detect any difference from 'properly' exposed shots.

RE: the pink cast on prints, it was my belief as well that the lab simply
got lazy or didn't pay attention when they printed the negs. It was a Kodak
lab (I used Kodak processing mailers) and I intend to call and bitch at them
for making what must have been a mistake simply out of negligence. No doubt
they just ran everything through a machine and, since it's c41 processing,
just let the machine print on whatever is their stock color paper. So much
for trying to save a few pennies on processing...

> > The
> > negs seem perfectly fine - my scans don't have a trace of pink (even
> > using a
> > generic color negative setting for film type). I haven't played with
> > them a
> > great deal but grain seems minimal, as the literature promises.
>
> Yup, it is amazing film, and I have had experienced Art Eds query whether
> shots done on 35mm T400CN were medium format.
>
> Vuesmart's B&W setting for 400CN works well. Or you can scan at 16bit RGB
> and convert to grayscale later in PS.
>

> Regards
>
> Tony Sleep
> http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film