RE: filmscanners: Nikon MF LED light source...

Austin wrote:

>I believe, and I could be wrong, that companies are required to provide
>sufficient documentation for a  product such that one can maintain it ones
>self, of course with sufficient technical skills.

I believe that they *should* be, but my HP scanner came with a setup card
and an "On-Line Manual." You can't find anything in one of those...if you
can, you should possibly publish a manual (NOT online) to show how to do it.
This isn't just my own opinion, I've read complaints from other doc-writers
who say the same thing--you can't find it if you can't name it, and you
can't name it if the "index" sucks. Period.

Schematics and exploded drawings? Explanations on how to safely remove and
replace parts? "How very droll!"

You could actually put good ones onto the disc--but what use is it if they
can't be found? I've said it before, and I'll say it once again--the tech
manual can be the most important part of your machine, on any unfortunate
day. If it's hidden away in somebody's lab, or in your very own
cyber-closet, it isn't worth a damn to you.

OK, I've about worn myself out on this one. Does anyone want to know about
fishing? :-)

Best regards--LRA