Re: Unsharp mask was Re: filmscanners: Getting started question

Austin, I'm drained from this. I have one short comment below, and then I'm
done for now.

>> consultant (if
>> them up) could

>>> Er, my point in that discussion was that they were not really very
>>> useful...and other experienced uses chimed in and agreed.
>>>

>> And an equal number of experienced users use 'em.
>
> Show me the posts that supports this.  I only remember a few people chiming
> in and saying that they may use them as a starting point, or as a newbie,
> they may use them, but I do not recall ANY experienced users saying they
> used them.

I'm on too many lists to gather the stuff up from for you. If you have any
real interest in learning about it, or even just debating about it (as is
your wont), check the archives of Adobe's Colorsync list, the highend film
scanners list, Dan Margulis's Color theory list, look at the websites of
color management people like Andrew Rodney (AKA Digital Dog), Creative Pro
where Bruce Fraser posts some articles, or just do a broad web search.

Bye,
Todd

>> My point in that conversation was I thought it odd the way you pounced on
>> the person who merely asked if anyone on this list was interested in
>> beta-testing scanner profiles. It seemed to me you had the notion
>> to suggest
>> that Polaroid's engineers are either doomed to fail, or that Polaroid's
>> marketing department is trying to rip-off an unsuspecting scanner
>> community.
>
> I did not "pounce" on anyone for their interest in beta-testing.  What I
> said was that I believed they were not very useful, and pointed out that
> most other scanner manufacturers do not use them.
>
>> For all I know, in the end you may be right, but I don't see how you can
>> fault a company for beta-testing.
>
> But I didn't...  I believe you read something into what I said that I didn't
> say, or attribute a motive that wasn't there.  If I remember right, that was
> a bad hair week for you ;-)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.