Re: filmscanners: Which Buggy Software?

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 07:14:41 -0400  rafeb (rafeb@channel1.com) wrote:

> And as it turns out, I am a big Dan Margulis
> fan... hence my rotten attitude about ICC
> color management, etc.  I think, once you
> start working in the "Margulis" mode, you're
> probably spoiled forever from using these fancy
> profiling and monitor-calibration tools.

Just as a matter of interest, how does he accomodate interchange of RGB
files with other systems, eg reprographic houses? Lend them your monitor?
;)

I'm quite happy to agree that CM is a PITA and a plausible case can be
made that it's more trouble than it's worth if you just scan and print
your own stuff. But as soon as those files need to be viewed and printed
elsewhere all bets are off. It's bad enough even /with/ CM.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons