RE: Unsharp mask was Re: filmscanners: Getting started question

> Knowing what I know of Austin, I agree.  I'd
> proudly include Austin among my favorite high-
> tech Luddites.  Anyone that swears by and uses
> a ten-year old film scanner is worthy of membership.

Well, Rafe, in my favor ;-) there isn't a scanner available for near the
price of the "ten-year old" one that comes close to it in terms of quality
of output (and quality of build I might add)...and I'm still not convinced
that the newer ones will give me any better results for the work I do and
the size output I print.  I think we need to take the same negative and scan
it on each, then print it on my Piezo setup, and see the results.

On the other hand, speaking of Luddites, what about that ZOOM lense...what
was the brand name of that?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.