Re: Unsharp mask was Re: filmscanners: Getting started question

Austin,

You are doing yourself a great injustice to dismiss the work of Margulis
based upon his style. He is an iconoclast who bases his approach on what
works in the real world, as opposed to the theoretical, and is hell bent on
dismantling many of our conventional wisdoms, and the pundits who support
them.

I think you might actually like him. ;-)

But, one thing you should know, his emphasis is on color work destined for
press. However, if you are interested in the architecture of Photoshop, in
my humble estimation, he's the Dean of the university.

Todd

>> One article is online at http://www.ledet.com/margulis/Sharpen.pdf
>
> I haven't read enough to know if this guy Margulis knows what he's talking
> about or not, but to quote from one of his articles:
>
> "Anyone who thinks that if a fine screen is good, than a finer one must be
> better is a moron."
>
> Right or wrong, I really have no interest in reading anything from someone
> who is so disrespectful of his readers and feels he needs to call them
> names, no matter how much of a genius he may be.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.