filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: When is Provia 100F a poor film to scan...underwater :-7

Gordon wrote:
> Rob:  I once had a roll with about 3 frames that looked like
> they were full of flyspecks.  I ran it through Vuescan to
> see if it would remove the "dust." It wasn't dust.  It was
> in the emulsion, probably done in the devolempent process.

That's what I'm suspecting; tiny spots which haven't been
developed properly.  Maybe bubbles on the film, but they
are amazingly small if that's the case and don't look
rounded.  Anyway, I guess I should have brought the film
back for processing by a lab I trust more!  Maybe there
was dust on the film in development which later got
washed off.

> I then used the "remove blemish" tool in Photo Suite 3
> and it remedied the situation   My guess is that your
> problem is in the emulsion and is not dust.

I'll have to spend some time spotting.  I'll have another
look at the IR channel tonight and just make sure there's
nothing there to speak of.  If the spots are in the IR
channel they're not getting removed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com