Re: filmscanners: Primefilm 1800i

Tony wrote:

>AFAIK it is produced by Pacific Image who are a brand owned by Microtek,
>and I believe used for entry-level flatbed scanners which are sold at
>lower prices than Mtek.

FWIW, I just bought a Mtek flatbed for about $50US (about as "entry-level"
as you can get! :-)), as a fill-in scanner while I endlessly try to get my
HP6300C reliably serviced out here in the hinterlands. If I'd been using
top-of-the-line equipment (which I can't financially justify to begin with),
I might feel it's inferior, but as an entry-level candidate, I'd say it's
above average. So I'll give Microtek a *qualified* thumbs up, and if the
Pacific Image film-scanner is up to this level, it should be at least
"adequate."

Don't expect to weasel through without some *major retouching*, I should
add. If Time=Money, then it might be better to spend the Money up front,
IMHO, because you'll sure as h*** spend the Time on the downside.

Best regards