Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

"Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R...)" wrote:

> >I'm musing whether Nikon has a factory in the "deep south" of the US.
> >I'm noting a very strong allegiance to the company coming from those
> >environs...
>
> Is my residence in the "Deep South" some sort of problem for you?
>
> I've been in Georgia for three years and lived in the Pacific NW before
> that--right near you. I neither know nor care where Nikon makes its
> hardware. I don't use their cameras either as I prefer Canon. Let's keep
> regional biases out of this diverse international list and keep the level
> of discussion on a professional level.

My musing was based upon two posts, yours, and the one a few days
earlier by Ray (Greensboro, NC) who was very concerned that Nikon not be
"slandered" by Claudiu when he called Nikonscan "garbage" software.  As
I stated before, there is something about Nikon film scanner owners that
makes them guard their reputation like a mother bear does her cubs.

Other than some Leaf owners, I haven't seen the owners of any other
brand have the need or desire to be so defensive of the scanners they
are using.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.