Re: filmscanners: Silverfast and LS1000

the way to test is to scan the same image twice, then subtract them from each
other in photoshop.. if you get all black then its ok, usually you will see a
few defects. I will include an example so you can see it. I inverted the image
so you could see the differences.

"Frank Nichols" <frank@theNichols.net>  wrote:

>I am very picky - I checked several times at 1200% magnification and I saw
>no vertical or horizontal offsets visible at the pixel level. The reason I
>said "appears" is that I assume there is some slack or play in the transport
>mechanism and perfect can not be achivied.
>
>The reason I was skeptical was I tried using multipass scanning on a flatbed
>(HP5370) and saw the offset effect. Since the offset was repeatable I
>suggested to ED H (Vuescan) that he include an option to allow the user to
>input an offset value for subsequent passes.

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez