Re: filmscanners: Figuring out size & resolution

Ray wrote me (Roger) off line concerning my last post:

Roger, your message to the group needs to be corrected.

dpi is printer resolution (dots per inch)
ppi is image resolution   (pixels per inch)

Your printer will print at 1440 dpi.
Your computer will send a 300 ppi image to your printer for it to print
at 1440 dpi.

In your message, you need to change everything to ppi except the 1440
dpi for your printer.

Hope you don't mind if I send this directly to you.

Ray Amos

You're right, Ray.  I know better, too.  Hope I didn't confuse anyone.  And,
most important, I hope that Rick is able to figure out what he needs to know
as an answer to his question.

Roger Miller

In a message dated 7/7/2001 12:06:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,