Re: filmscanners: Two questions

Put the film  in a slide frame with glass and se if you have equal
sharpness from the middle to the corner. The problem are depth of field in
LS 4000
scanner and curved film in the film holder..    Sharp in the middle and
blurred out at the end and corner.
You can also decide the focus point manually in NikonScan 3.1 and Silverfast
5.2.
Select the focus point  1/3 from  the middle and out against the  side or
corner. Now you have a more equal sharpness over the scanned picture.

Mikael Risedal