Re: filmscanners: Filmscanners- comparison of Nikon LS4000 withCanon/Polariod 4000

>       My use will be to scan for archive, and for high resolution
>prints (Epson 1270 up to A3), of some valuable older Kodachrome (a
>few Ectachrome) slides.  I'll also be scanning new slides and
>negatives.  Most are in good shape (fairly clean, a few dust spots
>but seldom scratches); I use an airbrush to clean off dust as well
>as possible.  I tried a demo Nikon LS-30 for a week and got some
>good Kodachrome scans with color saturation using VueScan as well as
>the Nikon software, but decided to wait for a 4000 dpi scanner.
>       My intended use probably is not too different from many on
>the list, any comments on the comparison of the scanners will be of
>interest.
>               Regards,
>               Bob

It's the same use - except that my old slides are not in good shape -
for which I recently got Polaroid's Sprint Scan 4000. So far - not
very far - so good. I preferred the 4000 to the Nikon partly because
I already have an Epson XL836 flatbed scanner on which I use
Silverfast 5. And I was concerned not to add software to my life
unnecessarily. I've also found it helpful that Polaroid's David
Hemingway is on this list and other lists. And I got the impression
when Nikon's new scanner was the 2000 that they were not responsive
to the problems users had with their film or slide (I forget which)
carrier.

Sam

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.