Re: filmscanners: Digicams again was Re: filmscanners: Minolta DiMAGE Scan & Dimage 7 camera

Al Bond wrote:

> I recently decided I needed a smaller "take it with me at all times"
camera as I simply
> wasn't using my SLR enough and bought an old Minolta CLE
rangefinger.  Nice sharp
> lens (with the option of using other Leica or new Voigtlander lenses
as well), small and
> light - and great fun to use.  I'm sure there is already digital kit
that can get close to
> the quality but not without much more bulk - or without making a
bigger dent in the
> bank balance (even allowing for the cost of a scanner).
>
> And a lot of classic camera gear holds its value more than consumer
grade digicams...

> Don't get me wrong, I like new toys as much as anyone else and have
been eyeing up
> each generation of digicams that come out but nothing yet has the
right mix of
> compactness, quality and value to mak me bite.

I'm a big Minolta CLE fan also.  I sold my Leica M camera years ago to
get one.  It doesn't have the build quality of an M, and the auto
exposure shutter electronics can be finicky (don't shoot in the
rain:), but for sheer image quality vs camera size and ease of use
there has never been better IMHO.

Dave King

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.