re: filmscanners: Vuescan Settings

My 7.1.3 has a seperate control for Image Brightness and Gamma.  Image
brightness will affect the blacks of the image, Gamma not so much.

I often leave Black to .01 or so which results in the black edge of negs or
slide masks going close to 0, I almost always go with Maximum and do any
cropping later.

 >>  It has - the 'image brightness' setting sets both gamma and
 >>  brightness/contrast according to some fiendish Hamrickian scheme. I still
 >>  preferred them as separate parameters, but that's the control to twiddle
 >>  with - in practice it works well - to achieve a scan which does not clip
 >>  either end of the histogram. You'll also want to set VS white point to
 >>  0.01 and black to 0.0.

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.