Re: filmscanners: Film base deterioration (was Digital Shortcomings)

At 07:46 AM 6/30/01 +0100, you wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:19:52 -0700  Karl Schulmeisters
>(karlsch@earthlink.net) wrote:
>
>> Well since the film I have from HS is some 30yrs old, and has been =
>> treated awfully for the most part, and still hasn't shown film-base =
>> deterioration,
>
>I haven't seen it either, on film of up to similar age. But I know of
>people who have experienced it in film of ~20yrs age.

I have a number of C41 films dating back from when I
was yearbook photographer in high school... in the
late 1960s.  None of them are showing any significant
signs of deterioration.

I just got through scanning one of these on the 8000
and they look very nice.  Strangely, I can't identify
the film type at all -- there are no markings on it
to help with that.  But it's 35 mm, and in terms of
surface/emulsion quality, looks like new.  This film
in particular is at least 35 years old.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.