Re: filmscanners: Film base deterioration (was Digital Shortcomings)

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Tyson <AlanTyson@bknowl.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Film base deterioration (was Digital
Shortcomings)

> BTW, all this discussion on longevity brings me to the same
> conclusion as last time we had a prolonged archiving
> discussion here - we need as much of *both* careful neg
> storage *and* systematic digital archiving & rearchiving as
> we can be bothered with.

I agree with you here Alan,
with emphasis being on rearchiving your digital files.
BUT keep hat neg or slide archived as best you can because when you're ready
to make a new super duper print on whatever whiz bang is available in 15-20
years, you may get a much better image by rescanning the original if it is
intact.  If not, you've got your currently rearchived digital media to fall
back on.

Bob Kehl

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.