RE: filmscanners: On dust

I am using PEC-12 with PEC PADS on "dirty" negs as a first step.

I found an anti-static brush (StaticMaster) which is plutonium charged. It
seems to work well on my neg strips. But, I was wondering if anyone had any
comments on if it is a gimmick (any soft brush would work) I assume the
plutonium qty is low enough not to think about, it is there just to create a
slight charge on the bristles.

I also use a Leland CO2 "The CO2 Power Source" instead of canned air - since
I read so many warning about the propellents in canned air. I am looking for
a good/cheap/small air compressor with oil and water traps. But in the
meantime the CO2 seems to work well and using the brush first I find I need
very little CO2 to finish.

Using these I have found that I have almost completely eliminated dust in my
scans. And I found that many cases that I thought previously were scratches
were in fact dirt - the PEC-12 wiping does wonders.

(Oh yeah, I moved a small - 16x12x6 - HEPA air filter onto my desk next to
my scanwit!)

Any comments?

/fn