Re: filmscanners: why not digital minilabs?

Actually, I've wondered that, too. Even my little town has a minilab (Agfa).
Can't do 22x13.7" AFAIK, but it does respectable 8x10's @ $8 each, and can
do 11x14's with little problem (providing the copy is good). Doesn't scan
any better than my Acer does, vis a vis shadow detail (higher res, though).
Certainly wouldn't recommend it for the pro who wants complete control of
his hardcopy, but you can totally retouch a photo and carry it in on CD-RW,
and buy a lot of $8 prints before you hit the price of a good photo-printer.

Best regards--LRA