Re: filmscanners: Minolta DiMAGE Scan & Dimage 7 camera

Steve wrote:

>A Casio QV3500 + 340 MB microdrive (250 high res jpegs [and you can delete
>the bad ones to make way for more]) can be had for less than the price of a
>35mm camera with 28-70 zoom + half decent film scanner (Acer 2740).

Isn't that a little *harsh*, Steve? I suppose the difference between "half
decent" and "competent" isn't enough to argue over, but I'd submit that Acer
scans are at least 85% "decent," even though I belly-ache about them often
enough. ;-)

Depending on what 35mm camera you're talking about (even so-so SLR's are
around 200+ $US around here, body only), you're talking $600-850, which will
buy a *good* mid-range digital camera from any number of mfgrs, but not a
Coolpix. Since I'm planning to get a DC for my daughter, I'm
hyper-interested in the subject. Casio doesn't quite ring bells, but I might
very well be overlooking something.

OTOH, we might *both* be under our respective kitchen tables when this
discussion hits the List. ;-)

Best regards--LRA