RE: filmscanners: Leaf?

Austin wrote:

> Do you think it would cost more to repair than, say, one of the new 4kSPI MF
> scanners (like the Nikon of Polaroid) after warranty is up, that is?  How
> long is the warranty on the new scanners anyway?  Can you get an "extended"
> warranty?

Jeez, I haven't checked the warranty -- just
blithely assumed it was 1 year.

I avoid "extended warranties" as a matter of
principle, be it washing machines or audio
gear.

I find that repair costs for any given item
are often scaled to the original purchase cost.
Eg., it will cost more to get a BMW or Mercedes
fixed than to get a Ford fixed.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.