Re: filmscanners: Leaf?

Austin Franklin wrote (among other things):

> I think for around $2k, if you get one complete with Leafset
holders, latest
> firmware (4.1) and in great working condition, nothing can touch it.
If you
> need 4x5, then it's really the only under $7k option I would say.
If your
> max is 120, then you really might want to look at the new Nikon
and/or
> Polaroid.

Although I doubt it's as quite as good as a Leaf (never used one), the
Agfa T-2500 is also excellent, about $5K, and in overall terms it may
be the best 35 to 4x5 film scanner under the Flextight Precision on
the current market.  A lot of folks like the UMAX 3000, but I don't
like the fact film cannot be air mounted with this unit.  But if you
need 35-4x5, and are on a budget, these are the three to consider IMO.

> If you're somewhat technically oriented, it's a great scanner.  If
you're
> not...I'd recommend not considering one.

That sums it up nicley.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.