filmscanners: Banding Problem with Nikon 8000ED Scanners

All,

My Nikon 8000ED arrived a few days ago and I discovered (much to my dismay)
that my scanner has a problem.  I am getting distinct, regular horizontal
bands in my scans.  I have sent Nikon tech support an example and this has
been forwarded to engineers in Japan.  There are  reports of this issue as
well from other users.  I have a suspicion that the unit will be heading off
for service.  Not too happy about sending a brand new scanner in for repairs
:-(  This is what occasionally happens when riding the bleeding edge.  I
keep hearing the words 'firmware' and 'win2000' and LS-4000 and some known
issue with it that is only visible in the 8000.  hmmmm Oh well, I'll let you
all know what the outcome is...

Lawrence
http://www.lwsphoto.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.