From:   TonySleep@halftone.co.uk [mailto:TonySleep@halftone.co.uk]
Sent:   Friday, June 22, 2001 5:54 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: Line on SS4000 scanning

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:38:17 -0700   (salome1@pacbell.net) wrote:

>  Yesterday
> after I had scanned a slide, I noticed a very narrow light colored line
> going the length of the scan.  It is probably about one third of the way
> into the image. Today, I scanned a black and white negative and it has a
> black line in it. Can anyone give me any insights what may be causing
> this and what my options are?

Almost certainly a speck of dust on the CCD surface - not a problem I
have yet had with a SS4000, but have had with 2 different flatbeds. Try
using an aerosol air-duster like Dust-off. Be *very* careful to keep the
can upright and level, so as not to squirt liquid propellant into the
scanner.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner