Re: filmscanners: bracketing neg film was: Best film for scanning with FS 2710

Isaac wrote:

>       Actually, the lab did its job. The prints are supposed to show the
>information on the film. You should have noticed that the frames that
>did not get enough exposure started to look pretty muddy and grainy. If
>you want a print to be printed dark, you have to tell the lab. It is
>still far better to "print down" a properly exposed neg than to work
>with a thin, underexposed neg, so I would never "bracket down" with neg
>film...

You're right, of course. What I was shooting was a fire/police "light-bar"
that was generating its own light at a pulsed rate (not humanly timeable). I
dealt with this problem for several years without finding a good answer. The
best method was to stop the motors, measure the light, turn off the lights,
set up the cameras, turn on the lights, check the problems, turn off the
lights, *fix* the problems, turn on the lights, *shoot* the lights, and to
heck with the motors. ;-)

That's why I "bracketed down," and I'm stickin' to my story! ;-)

Best regards--LRA