Re: filmscanners: LED Illumination for Film Scanners

Moreno wrote:
>And taking things one step further, a dense LED array positioned closer to
>the negative could even be
programmed to provide some degree of selective dodging/burning/variable
constrast control. With an appropriate control mechanism, a user could
adjust for dead even lighting across the easel for a specific lens/format
size combination.

This is a very signifficant "AhHa!" IME. I'm actually surprised that no
programs, to date, are using that possibility. As I might have said sometime
ago, we users *do* have some ideas worth considering, from  time to time.
;-)

Best regards--LRA