Re: filmscanners: films for scanning?

In <F215jQHtMFaukyCKDkb00008384@hotmail.com>, Lynn Allen wrote:

> OTOH, test it out thoroughly in your basthtub first. A Pentax is not
> particularly fond of even very small amounts of sea-water, and this I know
> personally! :-)

Reminds me of a dismantled camera that was displayed in the window of a local
photo shop many years ago. It had been dropped into sea water and then
brought in for repair some weeks later - it was just a corroded mess!

There was a card next to this camera which suggested that if you dropped your
camera in the sea, then you should immediately dunk it into fresh water. This
should be done several times, with fresh water each bath, to get *all* the
salt out of it. The water would not do much more damage than had already been
done, but leaving any salt inside was fatal. Of course this was some years
ago, before cameras became a mass of electronics!

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.