Re: filmscanners: Digital vs Conventional Chemical Darkroom

At 12:38 PM 6/19/01 +0800, youheng wrote:

[rafe b:]
>>There are hybrid solutions as well.  Eg, output via
>>Lightjet or Lambda (onto archival print media, using
>>wet chemistry) to get around the print longevity issue.

[youheng]
>Is Fujix Pictrography 4000 considered  a hybrid? It uses photographic
paper, the chemistry (on donor paper)  is wet processed to the paper. I
think the Pictro print quality surpasses Lightjet & Lambda, only the output
size is smaller limited, correct?

I'm not so sure of that, but haven't done any A:B comparisons.

I have had LightJet prints made on a number of occasions, and
they are beautiful.  The native resolution of the CS-5000
printer is 305 dpi.  You cannot see any digital artifacts
whatsoever on the print.

The Pictro print that I own isn't a good showcase for resolution,
alas.  It was given to me as a gift.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.