RE: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

> I'm impressed by this too ('magazine prints sense about scanner shock'),
> and empirically I'd agree that as far as detail is concerned, ~4,000 is
> certainly a point of diminishing returns.

4000 certainly isn't bad, but I scan at 5080, and find that most films
160ASA and under don't resolve to grain at 5080.  It REALLY depends on what
film, exposure and development.

If 4000 were the limit, then what about 10,000 SPI drum scanners?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.