RE: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

> > There are two factors that decrease the resolution of the red channel.
> > Smear and bloom.
> >

> And chromatic aberrations.  Especially if the scanner does not properly
> block the IR light.

True, but I don't know just how much it really effects scanners, since the
distances involved are SO short.  That is typically only a distance issue,
hence only telephoto lenses are APOs...but I have to admit, Schneider does
have a new line of APO enlarger lenses!  May be something ELSE I should look
into ;-)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.