filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: films for scanning

Tony wrote:
> I  probably shouldn't say this, but I have used
> Superia800 quite a lot with the SS4000 and am
> amazed how insignificant grain is. At A4 from
> an Epson, it's there, just, but you really only
> notice a relative lack of tonal refinement
> compared to slower films.

Gah.  I'll definitely have to scan one of the frames
of Fuji 800 taken in full daylight and compare the
grain to the rest of the most recent film.  I just
processed a roll from a disposible underwater camera.

The underwater shots look fine scanned at 2700dpi and
reduced to screen resolutions, but the grain is very
obvious.  Clearly they are underexposed compared to
photos exposed in normal daylight.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com