Re: filmscanners: OT: Device recognition, Win 98

In a message dated 6/12/2001 9:56:39 AM EST, audidudi@mindspring.com writes:

> FWIW, I have a Microtek 35t+ and it won't work with the Polaroid software.
>  I don't know if this means the Microtek software won't work with a Polaroid
>  scanner or not but I was told there is some firmware code that identifies
>  which scanner is which and unless the two match, the software won't work.

The Microtek and Polaroid scanners are almost identical, but
they return different strings from the scsi inquiry command.
This keeps the Polaroid scanners from working with the
Microtek software and vice versa.  There's nothing to prevent
Polaroid and Microtek from making their software run on
each other's scanners, but they haven't done this.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.