Re: filmscanners: Infrared scan

In a message dated 6/9/2001 10:31:44 AM EST, michael@shaffer.net writes:

> Exactly ... and the softening can be obvious with the Nikonscan
>  version of ICE.

The root of the problem with NikonScan is that there are ragged
edges around dust spots after applying the ICE correction using
the infrared channel.  The ICE algorithm applies a smoothing
filter over the whole image to smooth out these ragged edges
around dust spots, while VueScan only does the smoothing in
the immediate vicinity of the dust spots.

>  it seems to me someone complained
>  about Vuescan's "clean" function again softening in early versions of
>  v.7.  I believe Ed admitted as much and promised a fix.

I fixed this quite a while ago.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.