Re: filmscanners: Fast, decent, low res scans

You are confusing Acer with Microtek, who is the manufacturer of the
Polaroid SS 4000 scanner.  I'm fairly sure not even the Microtek and
Polaroid versions can use interchangeable software, due to some built in
code that is checked for.

Art

Richard N. Moyer wrote:

> I could be wrong, but doesn't Acer make the Polaroid scanner, and if so,
> would not the drivers from this machine work on Acer.
>
> Might ask Polaroid - -
>
>> List,
>>
>> I thank you all very much for your information and advice.  My last
>> two days
>> have been painful and difficult, and I think I really understand now what
>> Art meant when he wrote that "configuring them [SCSI devices] took
>> years off
>> my life I'm never getting back!"  I pray for USB and Firewire now.  I
>> would
>> like to obtain a divorce from SCSI forever.
>>
> huge snip ---

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.