Re: filmscanners: CD RW Deal

 On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:17:36
 Larry Berman wrote:
>Hi Lynn,
>
>Do you live near Columbus? We'll be exhibiting at the Columbus Arts
>Festival this week that starts tomorrow.

DARNIT! We'll be down that way in 2 weeks, (we're closer to Cleveland), and we
have "immutable" plans for this weekend. Well, thanks for mentioning it,
anyway. I'm sure our respective "Marys" would get along splendidly. :-)

>The article did say that despite the rock bottom prices, the companies
>still had to pay an 8.3 cents per CD royalty for every CD made.

That pretty well puts the "kibosh" to anything close to 10-cents, doesn't it?
:-)

Mine are costing me about $1.50 (for CD-R's) to $3.50 (for RW's), and if that
triples, I'll be more prone to erasing and rewriting the CD-RW's! I hope
they've thought of that. :-)

Best regards, and have a great Show!--Lynn

>> >The shortages are blamed on three things:
>> >Soaring demands
>> >Consolidation among CD manufacturers
>> >High patent royalties
>>
>>There was another signifficant reason listed: a lot of small companies
>>geared up their factories and went "b*lls-out" to produce discs without
>>purchase orders. Then they were stuck with inventories which they sold at
>>bankrupcy prices (in fact the case with many companies). Hence, the
>>10-cent CD-R.
>>
>>PC World didn't speculate whether the "Three-times Increase" would be for
>>the 10-cent discs, or across the board. We'll see. :-)

>Larry Berman
>
>http://BermanGraphics.com
>http://IRDreams.com
>http://ImageCompress.com