Re: filmscanners: Fast, decent, low res scans

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Phil wrote:

> It turns out that the SCSI PCI card they include with the scanner only works
> on PCs!!!!  I can't use this scanner on my Mac G4 without paying almost $300
> additional for a new Mac compatible SCSI card.

Sorry for your struggles.  However, you can get SCSI cards for your Mac
for much less that $300.

Check out:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=96&Title=SCSI%20%26%20IDE%20Controllers&Template=

for several options under $100, as low as $50.  I personally use the
Initio BlueNote PCI ($80 on this site) on my PowerMac G4 450DP (originally
on my G3/300) and it works fine with my Canon FS2710 film scanner, UMAX
1200S flatbed, and an old SCSI CD-R drive.  No drivers or extensions
needed.  It also worked with the Acer ScanWit 2720 and VueScan back on the
G3, though I have not tried that combo on my G4 (I borrowed the ScanWit).

-Collin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.