Re: filmscanners: CD RW Deal

Larry Berman wrote:

> I can't be the only one with this magazine.
>
> The shortages are blamed on three things:
> Soaring demands
> Consolidation among CD manufacturers
> High patent royalties
>
> Larry

Well, it is pretty obvious they have been dumping them on the market.
The prices here in Canada are close to zero with rebates.  And that's
with a $.21 levy/disk on them, being paid to "top 40" musicians and
record companies for "loss of revenue" due to CD-Rs being used to
'illegally' record CDs.

I was wondering about why the problem was just CD-RW, but you have now
corrected that statement.

Of course, if everyone panics and buys up the store stock on hand, the
prices will probably go up... a little self-fulfilling prophecy.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.