Re: filmscanners: Nikon LS-30 Coolscan III makes scratches on negatives

"Walter Nowotny" <walter.nowotny@gmx.at> wrote:
> scanning unit. The turn round is made by some plastics parts which
probably
> cause the scratches when the negatives are bent too much. I was satisfied
> with that explanation and tried to smooth down the negatives before
> scanning. However, processing the last two films I noticed straight
> scratches across the whole film strip.

Is the unit under warranty?  See if you can send just the SA-20 back for
repair or replacement, and in the meantime use the filmstrip holder and the
MA-20.  The SA-20 must be faulty if it is scratching strips of 4 frames.
It's designed to handle strips of up to 6 frames.

I've never had the SA-20 scratch my negs.  All the scratches on the negs are
from mishandling by the lab technicians when they originally processed the
film. :(

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.