Re: filmscanners: which scanner for slides ?

> 3. Minolta may be USB, but USB devices has the advantage of being
> hot-swappable which means they can be turned on after the computer has
been
> booted, and it will be detected.  If I remember correctly, SCSI devices
need
> to be turned on before you boot the system, in order for the SCSI
controller
> to detect it.

Generally in Win 9x/ME you can turn any device on and go to "device manager"
of "system properties" and click on "refresh" and the device will work.

Remember with USB you can take your scanner anywhere and plug it into any
modern machine - you'll probably need to install some drivers as well. The
downside is speed and some USB devices don't like some USB controllers. My
USB controller on a Via KT133 motherboard is a complete PITA.

Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.