Re: filmscanners: which scanner for slides ?

Art wrote:

>I have heard one report that the Minolta shows dust more easily than the
Canon, but also it is sharper and has better shadow detail.

The one thing leads to the other, in my experience. Sharp, clear scans also
show sharp, clear dust! :-)

>For about the same price you can get the Acer 2740 which has digital ICE,
which removes or reduces dust and surface defects, which can be a help if
you have poorly stored images, or a dusty environment, but if you are only
enlarging to 8 x 10, it is less of a problem.  Less expensive still is the
Acer Scanwit 2720 which doesn't have this feature. (The Acers are SCSI)

If you have time constraints/schedules to meet, paying the extra $$$'s for
ICE will probably work out well over a reasonably-short length of time.
Spotting may be "therapeutic" and will definitely help you learn your
software better, but it uses up a lot of time, too. Whatever, it's something
you need to factor into your decisions.

Best regards and good luck--LRA