RE: filmscanners: Leafscan 4x5 (also posted on scan hi-end)

A few points to look out for.

1) make sure the firmware is version 4.1
2) If you are on a Windows platform, you will need a GPIB card and cable, as
well as the WinLeaf software.  Scitex does charge for this...$300 or so.  I
would make sure it comes with a disk for WinLeaf if I were you.
3) Check the exposure time to see how good the bulb is.  That is in the
"info" screen...

I don't know what you mean by "stretched" and "flat"?  If you do get it, and
it's in decent shape, it's probably one of the best B&W scanners
available...it has a single filter specifically for B&W using a ND filter,
where every scanner I know of other than the Leafscan, scans in color, and
converts to B&W, which may not give you near as good a scan, especially if
the red channel is involved.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.