filmscanners: Registering Silverfast Ai 5.0

Silverfast Ai 5.0 came bundled with my Sprintscan 4000 and, while it seems to be very capable scanning software, it has one highly annoying trait.  It presents the registration box every time I invoke it, and I must laboriously re-enter the registration number each time.  It's frustrating enough to send me back to Insight, so you can guess how frustrating THAT it!  :-)  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

On another issue, does anyone have a suggestion for which film to select in Silverfast when scanning Superia 200.  I have tried several settings, with very unsatisfactory results.  The scans are either too dark or too light, and inferior to drugstore prints.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.