Re: filmscanners: Filmscanner for 8x10" prints

> jn asked:
>> I would like to get a $350-$450 scanner to make scans
>> of slides to produce 8x10" prints on either an Epson
>> 870 or Canon S800 inkjet printer.
>
> How about the Canon FS2710? Probably in your price range.
>
> Colin Maddock

jn
I have the Canonscan too and am very pleased with it, especially used in
conjunction with Vuescan. Check out some example scans here:
http://homepage.eircom.net/~ricwalsh/

The lack of a  batch scanning facility is my only gripe.

The Epson 870 produces great prints up A4 on Epson Premium Paper. I've also
had the chance to output a few images on a 1270 printed at oversize A3 and
was amazed at the output.

Good luck

--

Regards