Re: filmscanners: LS-4000 Question

>In a message dated 5/22/2001 2:58:59 PM EST, alindsey@cableone.net writes:
>
>>  Is it
>>   possible to remove the cross strips from the FH-s film strip adapter
>>   and scan a long panoramic negative?

No, you can't.

BUT there is a work-around that should, in theory, be relatively easy
to do. {Disclaimer: I don't have any 'panorama' negs to experiment
with}

If you are using the auto-film-strip feeder, then this would work.

Plunk in the film strip.

Do thumbnail previews of the strip.

Go to the window in NikonScan 3's tools palette which controls 'film
strip offset'. Fiddle with the first 'frame edge' so you get the
right edge of the panorama. Do the same with the left 'frame edge' .
You'll get two files, but you should be able to stitch them together
without much of a problem.

hth

Dieder
--