Re: filmscanners: Minolta in W2K

Pat: I have a Minolta Elite (since last November)... The only way I use
it is thru PShop as a twain import... I scan mostly Fuji Reala negs, set
the scanner up for 16 bit 2 or 4 pass scan with DIce on, max resolution
(unless I just want some quick lo res scans for proofs), color match RGB
space, then hit the go button and let it scan the image into PShop as a
negative, where I then invert it, adjust the brightness in the LAB color
space, then retrurn to RGB to adjust levels (with the eyedroppers, since
this makes it a more accurate tweak)... The few transparencies I have
scanned I also Twain into Pshop.... I just checked my programs pop-up
bar, looked at the Minolta bar, and all it has is the help and remove...
I believe it was made to be used as a TWAIN import device and not
stand-alone...

Mike M.