Re: filmscanners: What causes this and is there any easy solution ?

Karl Schulmeisters wrote:

> So plugging 1/500th of an inch into the formula X = TanTheta Y where X is
> the lines/inch and Y is the eye's distance from the 8x10 enlargement, we get
> ..002 = Tan(1/60deg) Y or Y (max eye resolution) = .002/.000291 = 6.875".

It has been brought to my attention that I made an error in trying to
clarify the symbolic use of ["].  Confounding things even further, I
suppose.  It does, of course, symbolize inches, but in terms of angles,
it is signifies seconds, not minutes, which uses ['], linearly used for
feet.

Sorry for any confusion.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.