Re: filmscanners: Stellar ghosts and Leaf 45

> Anyway, using Harry's pin-prick method with a piece of black neg leader, I
> did the same thing Roger did with my Acer Scanwit at 2700dpi (Stellartest1).
> No ghosts, no bleeding.

I tried this with my Leafscan 45 And I get color fringing around the holes.
I pin pricked the black leader from color neg film and scanned it as color
neg. At 100% The hole edges are ringed with red and green. Does anyone else
experience this phenomenon? I suspect that my scanner, being a three pass
design, is having registration problems between the channels, or because the
red channel typically seems softer than the other channels.

Do other scanners experience this color fringing?

Todd

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.