Re: filmscanners: Stellar ghosts and Nikon Coolscan IVED (LS40)

Harry Lehto wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2001, shAf wrote:
>

>>      To me this implies the problem is with respect to the film ... a
>> problem with the scanner, yes ... but the problem rotates with the
>> film.  If I were to guess, and try something different ... I would
>> snip off the sprocket holes ... possibly "all those edges" are the
>> source for the internal relections(???)
>

> The slides are framed. The ghost does not rotate with the film (it rotates
> in respect to the stars) - am I choosing the right words here?

I think I would translate this to say that the position of the ghosts
remain constant in respect to the scanner, regardless of how the slide
is inserted, which definitely points to the optics or other aspect of
the scanner, not the source material of the image.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.