RE: filmscanners: LS-2000 VS LS-40

Dave writes ...

> I'm thinking about buying either a Nikon
> Coolscan IV (LS-40) or a refurbished LS-2000.
> Both nearly same price. What do you think?
> The current "little brother" model or
> the older "middle brother" model.
> ...  The specs are nearly identical.

        The specs are identical.  Personally, and using the LS-2000, I see no
need to go upward to the LS-4000 ... but the ability to batch scan
with the LS-2000 is somewhat deficient with respect to focus.  It
"film strip feeder" doesn't hold the film as flat as does the "film
strip holder", which cannot be used for multiple frame batch scans.
Perhaps, the "film feeder" has improved(?)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.