filmscanners: CD Storage (was:Another Mission Completed

Rob wrote:

>I have some folders with CD slip-sheets which I'm storing them in.
>Keeps them in a much more compact state than normal jewel cases.

I've already scuffed one printer-driver CD, smack-dang out of the envelope
it came in, which unfortunately made it completely unreadable. Luckily,
Lexmark sent me another one by return mail. While I was waiting for the
postman, I went out and bought several dozen jewel cases. Haven't scratched
one since. :-)

OTOH, there *are* thin-profile polyurethane cases which are fairly sturdy,
reduce the depth of storage to about 1/2 that of a jewel case, and still
bypass the "in-and-out" dangers of scratching or scuffing. Generally, I only
buy CD-Rs and RWs that already have jewel cases. More expensive, I know, but
losing data is more expensive still.

Best regards--LRA